Field trips to the Meyers Project are available on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday during the months of September through June. Trips are subject to cancellation due to weather. If you would like to visit at a different time of year or make any alternate arrangements please contact me.
To sign up for a field trip please follow these instructions:
1. Contact me by phone or email so that we can discuss date(s) for field trip.
2. Fill out the registration form, and then either email or fax it to 559-659-0434.
3. If you’d like help with transportation funding fill out the reimbursment form and turn it in at the same time as the registration form.
4. Print out waivers for all students and send them home for signature. Please bring them with you the day of the trip.
5. If you are part of Fresno Unified, the transportation department will bill you for an out of town trip. Since you are paying for it make sure you specifically request an out of town bus. If you do not they will book you a bus that will have to make morning and afternoon runs for picking up/dropping off students, this dramatically impacts the length of your visit.
As far as field trip dates go, just look at my schedule below and the dates listed are already booked. If you don’t see a booking on the date you’d like it should be available. However, please contact me as I might have other conflicts.
I do have limited Saturday availability with enough advanced notice.
Field Trip Expectations
Weather is variable in the Central Valley. Please check the weather report the day BEFORE your trip! The cold and even a little rain will not interfere with a trip to our facility but we do cancel trips on days with excessive wind. Several days of continuous rain can also cause cancellation because the majority of our roadways are not paved and they become difficult to traverse when saturated.
I like to view our field trips as science and physical education rolled into one. Even our most basic of outings require a good deal of walking. While I don’t view the activities as strenuous, participants should still come prepared. Good walking shoes (closed toe), water, and snacks will go a long way in making the day more enjoyable. Make sure students are dressed appropriately for field activities. Everyone should layer their clothing to account for temperature change throughout the day.
If you have any questions on dress or items to bring, don’t hesitate to contact me and we can discuss.
2017 – 2018 Field Trip Schedule
2 – Fresno County Farm Bureau FAACT Class
3 – Fresno State Animal Science – Postponed
24 – St. Joachim School – 3rd Grade
25 – St. Joachim School – 7th Grade