To provide an educational experience that teaches students about water and wildlife.
At the end of a field trip students should be able to:
- Follow the movement of water in California on a map
- Describe how water is imported, stored, and exported from the water bank
- Use different techniques to identify various Central Valley wildlife
- List three distinguishing characteristics of a wetland
- Explain why wetlands are important
Simulate a field experience that increases awareness of water resources, agriculture, and wildlife at the Mendota Wetlands.
- No fee will be charged for any class visit
- No students are denied access or turned away
- Every effort is made to overcome obstacles in visiting the project